Transfer news LIVE updates: Hazard to Real Madrid, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds



Posted Tuesday, December 11, 2018 by Express.co.uk

Transfer news LIVE updates: Hazard to Real Madrid, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds
Transfer news LIVE: Hazard and Dembele could be on the move (Image: GETTY)

Hazard to Real Madrid

Eden Hazard has fuelled the flames of a potential Chelsea exit by speaking about his desire to play for Real Madrid.

Belgium international Hazard was linked with a move to Real in the summer but the Blues kept him at Stamford Bridge.

"The new coach [Sarri] thinks football like me, so we'll see, the family is in London, I'm also going to be 28,” Hazard told RMC Sport.

"I do not want to have any regrets at the end of my it's a decision I'm going to make, I do not know when, but I'll take it."

He added: "Me, you know me, I've always loved Real, even before [Zinedine] Zidane, we'll see what happens.

"As I said, I'm already finishing this year with Chelsea, I still have a year of contract after this year, we'll see.”

United eye Man

Manchester United are eyeing a move for 20-year-old forward Dennis Man.

But the Red Devils face competition from Tottenham to sign the youngster.

Man has impressed this season for FCSB, formerly known as Steaua Bucharest, and boasts two Romania caps.

The forward could be made available in the January transfer window.

Transfer news LIVE updates: Hazard to Real Madrid, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds
Transfer news LIVE: Leeds and Aston Villa are eyeing Newcastle's Karl Darlow (Image: GETTY)

Leeds and Villa battle

Leeds united are set to battle it out with Aston Villa to sign Karl Darlow from Newcastle.

Leeds manager Marco Bielsa has been seeking a new goalkeeper to aid their crisis at the back.

Darlow, 28, has played just one EFL Cup game for Newcastle this season - the 3-1 defeat at Nottingham Forest.

If he becomes available Villa will also make a move to sign him, the Sun reckon.

Transfer news LIVE updates: Hazard to Real Madrid, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds
Transfer news LIVE: Barcelona could let Ousmane Dembele go in January (Image: GETTY)

Barcelona Dembele move

Barcelona are to discipline forward Ousmane Dembele for his late arrival to training on Friday, further fuelling speculation he could leave for Arsenal.

Dembele is supposedly wanted at the Emirates - although Arsenal would want a loan deal rather than trying to meet Barca’s £100+ valuation.

The forward has never really hit it off at the Nou Camp following a hamstring injury suffered in late 2017.

Discipline problems are apparently creeping in and Barca manager Ernesto Valverde is set to address the behaviour before the transfer window opens.

Liverpool mystery solved

The reason why Liverpool withdrew from their deal to sign Nabil Fekir - after he had already had his Reds medical - in the summer has been revealed.

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas says the deal is NOT break down over Liverpool’s medical findings.

There were claims a historic ACL injury had caused the Reds’ medical staff concerns.

But Aulas said: “At the final moment, the three parties did not find an agreement, but not just Liverpool and Lyon, who had had an agreement.

"There was a change of heart from Liverpool’s point of view, as we were in a tight situation in that Nabil was about to go to the World Cup, we decided to finish [the talks].

"Nabil at the time was OK with all of that.”

Transfer news LIVE updates: Hazard to Real Madrid, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds

Sarri ready to make Chelsea swap offer for Higuain

Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri is ready to try again for AC Milan striker Gonzalo Higuain.

Sportmediaset says Sarri has reignited his interest in Higuain.

Sarri is on the hunt for a new striker ahead of the January transfer window, with Alvaro Morata and Olivier Giroud failing to fire in front of goal.

The Italian was interested in signing Higuain from Juventus in the summer transfer window but Chelsea chiefs were reluctant to spend big on the 31-year-old.

Higuain eventually joined AC Milan on an initial loan deal but Sarri will attempt to secure his signature again next month.

He has reportedly asked Chelsea chiefs to try and broker a swap deal for the Argentina international involving Morata.

Transfer news LIVE updates: Hazard to Real Madrid, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds

David Luiz opens up

David Luiz wants to stay at Chelsea and 'loves the club' despite a stall in contract negotiations.

"We are still talking, let’s see. Let’s see what the future brings,” the Brazilian said.

"I love this club, everybody knows I want to stay.”

The Brazilian centre-back reportedly wants a contract extension that stretches beyond a year - something that Chelsea don't offer to players over the age of 30.

Transfer news LIVE updates: Hazard to Real Madrid, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds

Done deal: Gomez signs

Liverpool defender Joe Gomez has signed a new contract which will keep him at the club until the summer of 2024.

The England international, currently out for six weeks with a fractured leg, has been impressive this season both alongside Virgil Van Dijk in the centre of defence and also at right-back, where he has alternated with Trent Alexander-Arnold.

His new deal is a significant improvement on the contract he signed in January 2017 and reflects his progress since then.

"Signing this new deal means the world to me," Gomez said. "I've been at the club a few years now and have had the pleasure to play for Liverpool and experience what that means, so I am delighted to get the chance to extend my contract here.

"I love the club, I love playing and learning here, and I am happy for that to continue. There have been a lot of highs and lows, it's my fourth season now and every one has been different.”

Transfer news LIVE updates: Hazard to Real Madrid, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds

Frenkie de Jong decides

Ajax star Frenkie de Jong says he’s got no agreement with French champions Paris St-Germain or any other club.

The talented Dutch international has been linked with a mega-money move away from Ajax - with RAC1 claiming that he’s been discussing personal terms with Barcelona.

But De Jong insists there is no such deal in place AND that he will not be leaving Ajax this January.

"The only thing that I will say is that there is no agreement yet," he said. "No official decision has been taken. All of my attention is on Ajax. I will finish the season here with Ajax and I certainly will not be leaving during the winter break."

Everton loan

Everton defender Mason Holgate is reportedly set to go out on loan in January.

The Daily Mirror claims the Toffees have already received interest from Premier League and Championship clubs ahead of the window opening next month.

The 22-year-old signed a five-year deal with Everton a year ago but has fallen out of favour under Marco Silva.

Transfer news LIVE updates: Hazard to Real Madrid, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds

Mesut Ozil next destination

Manchester United are the strong favourites to sign Mesut Ozil from Arsenal in January, with Barcelona lagging behind in the bookmakers’ odds.

Manchester United snapped up Alexis Sanchez from Arsenal in this year’s winter window.

And another raid on the Emirates could be forthcoming in the New Year.

Ozil is currently earning £350,000 a week at Arsenal and bookmakers Coral reckon they may try to bump off the playmaker in January.

Manchester United - who have been linked with Mesut Ozil for weeks - are as narrow as 1/2 with the bookmakers to secure a transfer.

Barcelona have also supposedly been following the Germany international’s situation in north London but are way out at 7/2 to get a deal done.

Manchester City are 7/1 to complete a transfer, while Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund and Inter Milan all out at 10/1.

Transfer news LIVE updates: Hazard to Real Madrid, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds

Contract offers

Ajax pair Frenkie de Jong and Matthijs de Ligt are unhappy with Barcelona’s initial contract offers.

That’s according to RAC1, who claim Barcelona are ready to offer £134million for the Dutch duo in January.

It’s reported that personal terms are being discussed with de Ligt and de Jong - but the opening offers have fallen well below expectations.

It could leave the door open for other interested parties including Manchester City and PSG - but Barca chiefs have assured the pair that talks will continue.

Lionel Messi quit challenge

Cristiano Ronaldo has called on Lionel Messi to quit Barcelona and join him in Serie A.

"Messi? Maybe it’s him who misses me. I’ve played in England, Spain, Italy, Portugal and for my national team, while he’s still in Spain,” Ronaldo told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Maybe he needs me more? For me, life is a challenge, I like it and I like to make people happy. I’d like him to come to Italy one day. I hope he accepts the challenge like me, but if he’s happy there then I respect that.

"He’s a fantastic player and a good guy, but I don’t miss anything here. This is my new life and I’m happy.”

Transfer news LIVE updates: Hazard to Real Madrid, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds

Wanted: Cesc Fabregas

AC Milan chief Leonardo has hinted at a January move for Chelsea playmaker Cesc Fabregas.

Fabregas, 31, has fallen own the pecking order at Stamford Bridge and could welcome guaranteed first-team action abroad.

His contract expires in June and AC Milan could snap up the Spanish international on a free transfer.

But Leonardo has hinted at the prospect of buying Cesc in January.

"We evaluated it, considering the possibility, but didn't go all in," Leonardo said. "We are still evaluating the conditions."

Brahim Diaz contract

Manchester City talent Brahim Diaz has agreed personal terms to join Real Madrid.

According to TribalFootball via Spanish newspaper ABC, Real Madrid have a deal in place to sign the Spanish Under-21 international.

Diaz’s contract is set to expire in June 2019 and City still haven’t been able to secure his long-term future at the Etihad.

It’s reported that Diaz has agreed a deal worth £52k per week with the Champions League holders.

The Sun, meanwhile, say that City have decided that they are willing to make one final contract offer worth £25,000 per week.

Transfer news LIVE updates: Hazard to Real Madrid, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds

Chelsea double swoop

Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has his eyes on TWO January signings, reports claim.

According to The Sun, Chelsea are confident of luring 24-year-old Napoli defender Elseid Hysaj to Stamford Bridge for £20million.

Italian website Calciomercato also claim that Sarri has added Barcelona midfielder Denis Suarez to his transfer shortlist.

Suarez, who has played just eight minutes of LaLiga action this season, is still expected to command a fee in the region of £36million.

No Bale or Asensio!

Cristiano Ronaldo has dismissed hopes Juventus will sign three of his former Real Madrid team-mates.

Ronaldo left Real Madrid for Juventus in the summer in a £106m transfer, and recent reports claim Juve are eyeing a number of Ronaldo’s former colleagues.

But the 33-year-old insists his new side don’t need help from Real cast-offs.

"I’ve seen you write about James, (Gareth) Bale and (Marco) Asensio,” Ronaldo said in an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport. “But to be honest Juventus don’t need other players!”

Transfer news LIVE updates: Hazard to Real Madrid, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds

The next Toni Kroos…

Hertha Berlin midfielder Arne Maier, dubbed the next Toni Kroos, has attracted the attention of Manchester United and Arsenal.

That’s according to The Sun, who claim the Premier League heavyweights will send scouts to watch him next weekend in Stuttgart.

Maier, 19, is tipped to earn a senior call-up for Germany in the near future having played every minute of Hertha Berlin’s Bundesliga campaign.

Maier is rated at £15m but it would take more than that to entice him away from the Bundesliga, with £30m a more likely figure.

Arsenal head of recruitment Sven Mislintat is likely behind the interest after his links to Germany have been used successfully to bring in other talent.

Alexis Sanchez latest

Alexis Sanchez has provided Manchester United with a fitness update.

The 29-year-old is back in his homeland recovering from a hamstring injury.

Manchester United took the unusual step to allow him to go home to recover on his own rather at their facilities.

But the hope is that spending time with friends and family will help Alexis Sanchez recover his mojo and see him return to form.

Sanchez is back on the mend and has been working those hamstrings with squatting exercises in his own gym.

Sanchez posted a video to his 9.6m followers on his Instagram story before a flurry of other posts including one celebrating River Plate’s victory in the Copa Libertadores.

Transfer news LIVE updates: Hazard to Real Madrid, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds

Mesut Ozil agent jets off!

Mesut Ozil could be set for a January exit as his representatives jet to Italy this week.

The Gunners midfielder has failed to impress this season under Unai Emery.

And The Sun claim the Gunners are ready to sell the German for just £25million with Inter Milan a likely destination.

Ozil’s agents including brother Mutlu are set for talks in Italy this week.

As well as Inter, Juventus are said to be interested in the 30-year-old, although they are more interested in a transfer at the end of the season.

Ozil has been cut into 1/2 (from evens) by bookmakers Coral to join Manchester United in January.

"It wouldn’t be the first time that Manchester United and Arsenal have done business in January if a deal is reached for Mesut Ozil, and with the prospect of a swap deal also a possibility, the German is now odds-on to move to Old Trafford,” said Coral’s John Hill.

Transfer news LIVE updates: Hazard to Real Madrid, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds

Transfer news LIVE updates: Hazard to Real Madrid, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds

Done Deal: Walker-Peters signs

Defender Kyle Walker-Peters has signed a new contract with Tottenham.

The 21-year-old full-back's new deal runs until 2023.

Walker-Peters came through the Tottenham academy and made his 11th senior appearance when sent on as a substitute during Saturday's 2-0 Premier League win at Leicester.

A statement on Tottenham's official website read: "We are delighted to announce that Kyle Walker-Peters has signed a new contract with the club, which will run until 2023."

Photos

More»

[PICTURE SPECIAL] Man Utd 3-2 Arsenal

Friday December 03 2021

[PICTURE SPECIAL] Watford 1 - 2 Chelsea

Thursday December 02 2021


Attention: Third parties may advertise their products and/or services on our website.7M does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of their contents.
Your dealings with such third parties are solely between you and such third parties and we shall not be liable in any way for any loss or damage of any sort incurred by you.