Transfer news and rumours LIVE: Ibrahimovic in talks with Bologna

Goal takes a look at the biggest transfer news and rumours from the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A and around the world


Posted Sunday, November 03, 2019 by Express.co.uk

Transfer news and rumours LIVE: Ibrahimovic in talks with Bologna

Preston issue hands-off warning for manager Neil

Championship surprise package Preston North End have taken the unusual step of issuing a statement about speculation surrounding manager Alex Neil.

The Scot has led the Lancashire club to fourth in the table, and there have been persistent rumours linking him with a move away, with the club reporting Stoke City for an illegal approach to their coach.

"[M}anager Alex Neil has reiterated his commitment to the football club and to the contract that he signed earlier this year," said the statement.

Bayern cancel open training session as Kovac sack specualtion grows

Bayern Munich have cancelled a planned open training session after a humiliation at the hands of Eintracht Frankfurt heightened rumours head coach Niko Kovac will be sacked.

The defeat leaves Bayern off the pace in the Bundesliga and Kovac staring down the barrel though he says he's not giving up, but the decison to cancel the public exercise will add fuel to the fire.

"After the defeat in Frankfurt, the decision was made at short notice not to train tomorrow in public. We ask all fans for understanding," Bayern said in a statement.

West Ham prepared to offload Sanchez

West Ham are looking for clubs to take midfileder Carlos Sanchez off their hands.

The Colombia international has played just 13 minutes in the Premier League and the club want to be free of his £50,000 ($65k) per week wages, according to Football Insider.

They're prepared to listen to offers of around £4m for the 32-year-old who joined from Fiorentina last summer on a free transfer.

Perth Glory still optimistic over Ibrahimovic

A-League side Perth Glory believe they can still persuade Zlatan Ibrahimovic to move Down Under.

The LA Galaxy striker has been linked with a move back to Europe, with Bologna the latest team thought to be close to a deal.

Despite that The West Australian newspaper say the Glory are prepared to be patient as they believe they've convinced the ex-Sweden international to join them.

Tisdale out at MK Dons

MK Dons have parted ways with manager Paul Tisdale after losing eight of their last nine matches.

The writing was on the wall for Tisdale after a 3-1 defeat at home by Tranmere Rovers saw them drop to 19th in League One, just one point out of the relegation zone.

Chairman Pete Winkelman said: “I’d like to place on record my appreciation of what Paul was able to achieve for us, winning promotion from Sky Bet League Two at the first attempt and leaving us in a better position than when he found it,” according to the Milton Keynes Citizen.

Furious Kovac dismisses Bayern sack talk

Bayern Munich coach Niko Kovac snapped at reporters who suggested his days may be numbered following a 5-1 thrashing at the hands of Frankfurt.

Pressure was already mounting on the 48-year-old Kovac after Bayern’s disappointing start to the season.

The club have backed him, but he still faced questions about his future in his meeting with the media, which drew waspish responses.

Riquelme close to Boca vice-presidency

Boca Juniors legend Juan Roman Riquelme could finish 2019 as the club's new vice-president, reports Ole.

The Buenos Aires side will hold elections in December to choose the successor to incumbent Daniel Angelici.

And Riquelme has now emerged as a candidate to run on the ticket representing the current ticket, as Angelici himself is ineligible to take a third term as president.

Valverde rejects resignation call after Levante defeat

Ernesto Valverde dismissed a question about whether he would resign as Barcelona boss after his side's shock defeat at the hands of Levante.

La Liga leaders Barca went down 3-1 at Ciutat de Valencia on Saturday, three goals in seven second-half minutes proving decisive for the hosts after Lionel Messi's penalty before the break.

Barca's third loss in six top-flight away games this season means Real Madrid have the chance to go top of the table when they play Real Betis, while Sevilla will also climb above them if they beat Atletico Madrid.

Ben Arfa set for Nantes

Former Paris Saint-Germain and Newcastle United forward Hatem Ben Arfa is set to continue his career with Nantes, according to Le10Sport.

Ben Arfa is currently without a club after walking out on Rennes at the end of the 2018-19 season.

And if negotiations with Nantes, prosper,  the Brittany club will become the eighth of the 32-year-old's volatile career.

Inter president rules out Lautaro move

Inter president Giuseppe Marotta has dismissed rumours linking Striker Lautaro Martinez with a move to Barcelona.

The Spanish champions had supposedly narrowed in on the Argentina international as a replacement for Luis Suarez, but the Serie A club's supremo ruled that out.

"This is a very strong club that rarely sells its beast players," Marotta told Sky Sports in Italy.

Swansea confident Newcastle won't recall Woodman

On-loan goalkeeper Freddie Woodman has impressed so much at Swansea that rumours have started parent club Newcastle United may recall him early.

The Newcastle Chronicle reports that Swans' boss Steve Cooper is not concerned though.

"There’s no indication that they want him back, and we hope that stays like that," he said.

Woodman has only allowed 14 goals this season in 15 games, helping the Welsh side to second in the Championship table.

Milan unlilely to extend Suso contract

Spain international Suso is set to be looking for a new club when his AC Milan contract winds down at the end of next season.

Gazzetta dello Sport report that the former Liverpool man has not convinced the Rossoneri higher-ups since his 2015 arrival from Anfield.

Suso did come off the bench to score in Milan's last game, but has netted just 21 times in 120 games at San Siro overall.

Transfer news and rumours LIVE: Ibrahimovic in talks with Bologna

Leicester still hunting for Maguire replacement

Leicester City are likely to be on the market for a central defender in January according to the Leicester Mercury.

The Foxes allowed Harry Maguire to leave for Manchester United for a world record fee this summer, and didn't acquire a replacement, seeing a bid for Burnley man James Tarkowski knocked back.

Brendan Rodgers' men have started well this season with Jonny Evans and Caglar Soyuncu anchoring the back line, but the former Liverpool coach would like to add depth.

The report names several players who may be of interest, including Ruben Dias of Benfica, Real Sociedad's Diego Llorente and Marseille player Duje Caleta-Car.

'Xhaka will leave Arsenal in January'

Granit Xhaka will leave Arsenal in the January transfer window, according to former Gunners forward Charlie Nicholas.

Nicholas said Xhaka's angry outburst towards his side's fans last weekend was inexcusable, and he would likely be on his way out of the club sooner rather than later.

Norwich duo backed for big moves

Norwich pair Max Aarons and Ben Godfrey have been backed to secure moves to one of the Premier League's biggest sides in the future by former Canaries star Dean Ashton.

Aarons, 19, and Godfrey, 21, have been linked with Manchester United and Tottenham in recent weeks after impressing since their side's promotion from the Championship.

"At some point," Ashton told Goal when asked about such a possibility. "They have definitely got the quality to step up in terms of the size of football club."

Preston to report Stoke over illegal Neil approach

Preston North End will report Stoke City to the EFL for an illegal approach made to their manager Alex Neil, according to BBC Sport's Ian Dennis.

Preston have apparently denied Stoke permission to speak to Neil about the newly vacant managerial role at the Bet365 Stadium, following Nathan Jones' sacking this week.

Stoke start this weekend's fixtures rock bottom of the Championship, with Preston flying high under Neil's stewardship in third.

Gordon ready to push for Celtic exit

Veteran goalkeeper Craig Gordon is ready to seek an exit from Celtic in the January transfer window, claim Football Insider.

With Scott Bain handed a new contract at the club this week, the 36-year-old Gordon is weighing up his chances of first-team football elsewhere as his career draws to a close.

Gordon has made close to 250 appearances for Celtic in all competitions since joining the club in 2014.

Barcelona drop interest in Skriniar

Barcelona have brought an end to their pursuit of Inter centre-back Milan Skriniar.

The 24-year-old has caught the eye of several top clubs across Europe amid his rise to stardom in Serie A.

But Barca have decided against trying to buy the Slovakia international any time soon, so says Mundo Deportivo.

Man Utd & PSG lead Emre Can race

Midfielder set to leave Juventus in January

Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain are the two clubs leading the race to sign Emre Can from Juventus, Correire dello Sport says.

The 25-year-old Germany international is set to leave the Serie A club, with many reports predicting a January move.

While he has been linked with Bayern Munich in the past, it is PSG and United who are the top contenders.

Mariano and Brahim set to leave Real Madrid

Real Madrid are willing to let Mariano Diaz and Brahim Diaz leave the club in January, Marca reports.

Former Lyon star Mariano will be allowed to move on a permanent basis, with Sevilla considering an offer for him.

Meanwhile, former Manchester City youngster Brahim will be loaned out.

Tottenham target Alena to leave Barca in January

Carles Alena is all but certain to leave Barcelona on loan in January, Mundo Deportivo reports.

The 21-year-old has made just one appearance for Ernesto Valverde's men, playing 45 minutes in their opening day defeat to Athletic Club.

He will not make the squad for Saturday's trip to Levante and the Camp Nou outfit are ready to let him go.

A loan looks most likely while several Spanish teams are hoping to lure him, Mauricio Pochettino's side could offer him a chance in the Premier League.

AC Milan back out of Everton deal

AC Milan have given up on their hopes of signing Everton Soares from Gremio in January, Calciomercato says.

The Serie A side have been tracking 23-year-old winger for some time, but the new contract he signed recently only complicates matters.

His €120 million release clause is too much for Milan to match and they will not return for him when the transfer window opens again.

Ibrahimovic in talks over Bologna move

Mino Raiola in talks over €8m deal with Serie A side

Zlatan Ibrahimovic could be on his way back to Italy to join Bologna, according to reports in Italy.

The Sweden international is expected to leave LA Galaxy when his contract expires in December and several European clubs are eager to land him.

Ibrahimovic's agent, Mino Raiola, has already started talks with Serie A side Bologna over an 18 month deal.

The move would cost Bolgona around €8 million, but the club are confident of raising the money and sealing the deal.



Attention: Third parties may advertise their products and/or services on our website.7M does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of their contents.
Your dealings with such third parties are solely between you and such third parties and we shall not be liable in any way for any loss or damage of any sort incurred by you.