David Luiz issues Chelsea transfer ultimatum after Antonio Conte talks

DAVID LUIZ has had clear the air talks with Chelsea coach Antonio Conte - but has told the Italian he wants his place back or he'll be off.


Posted Friday, December 15, 2017 by Express.co.uk

David Luiz issues Chelsea transfer ultimatum after Antonio Conte talks
Chelsea defender David Luiz has held talks with Antonio Conte but could join Bayern Munich

Brazilian Luiz was dropped by Conte after a disagreement between the two over tactics following Chelsea's Champions League defeat by Roma in Rome in October, and his reaction to being substituted in the home game against the Italians.

The flamboyant centre back then picked up a knee injury and has been out of the Chelsea side now for three weeks.

But he could be ready for a return on Saturday when Chelsea face Southampton at home (3pm).

Luiz, now 30, has been linked with moves to Manchester United and Real Madrid, and it is understood that Bayern Munich are also motoring his situation.

David Luiz issues Chelsea transfer ultimatum after Antonio Conte talks
David Luiz (left) has not played for Chelsea since his mistakes against Roma

Express Sport understands that Luiz and Conte met this week.

And the manager said he wanted the defender back in his team.

Luiz, however, told the Italian that he wants regular first team football.

A source close to Luiz said: "David like any player wants to play. So now he is waiting to see what happens."

Andreas Christensen has since taken Luiz’s place at the back for Chelsea, with Conte impressed with the Dane’s progress.

David Luiz issues Chelsea transfer ultimatum after Antonio Conte talks
David Luiz could leave Chelsea, with Bayern Munich interested in his services

Asked last week if Luiz was happy at Stamford Bridge, Conte said: “I think now is not the right moment to speak about this.

"There are a lot of games before the transfer window and now is not the right time this is not important."

The next month, when he is fit to play, will now be pivotal to Luiz's future at Stamford Bridge.

And Conte would want a replacement for Luiz, in his second spell at Chelsea after rejoining in a £34million deal from Paris Saint-Germain in August 2016, if the Brazilian were to leave.

Photos

More»


Attention: Third parties may advertise their products and/or services on our website.7M does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of their contents.
Your dealings with such third parties are solely between you and such third parties and we shall not be liable in any way for any loss or damage of any sort incurred by you.