Dani Alves' ex-wife Joana Sanz shares first pic with disgraced Barcelona star since prison release after rape conviction



Posted Tuesday, April 02, 2024 by Thesun.co.uk

Dani Alves' ex-wife Joana Sanz shares first pic with disgraced Barcelona star since prison release after rape conviction

DANI Alves' ex-wife has shared a pic with the disgraced Barcelona star for the first time since he was released from prison.

The shamed footballer, who was jailed for raping a woman in a Spanish nightclub, walked free last week after appealing his four-and-a-half-year sentence.

Alves was released after serving just four weeks of his conviction as he coughed up €1million (£850,000) for bail.

Just hours after the disgraced star was released he hosted an all-night party at his £4.5m mansion.

Soon after Alves returned home, a bouquet of flowers was delivered to the address.

Rumours swirled the bouquet could have been a gift for his estranged wife Joana Sanz, 31.

On Saturday, Spanish media reported the supermodel had already paid Alves a visit.

Within 24 hours of his release, Joana deactivated her Instagram account.

Her Instagram profile is now back up and running, but she no longer follows Alves and has wiped her account of all pictures of him.

But now Joana has posted a photo of Alves, one of the world's most decorated footballers, to her story.

She snapped a photo of the pair holding hands in the sunshine, with what appeared to be matching 1+1=1 tattoos.

Alves' distinctive hand ink is on display, too.

The disgraced star, who played for Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain, was accused of raping a woman in a nightclub in Barcelona in December, 2022.

The ex-Barcelona star saw his life unravel after he was arrested by Catalan police in January 2023 - and kept behind bars until he appealed his sentence.

In court the victim claimed Alves was aggressive with her, slapping her and insulting her, and then forced her to have sex with him.

In a trial held last month, the footballer denied the allegations and said the encounter had been consensual.

He was found guilty of the sex attack on Feburary 2022, but walked free on Monday March 25 after appealing the conviction.

Despite winning the fight to serve his sentence from the comfort of his own home, Alves will still need to appear at court once a week.

He was also required to hand in his Spanish and Brazilian passports, so he cannot flee Spain.

Rumours are swirling about how the former footballer managed to find the funds necessary to secure his bail.

The disgraced star, who played for Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain, was accused of raping a woman in a nightclub in Barcelona in December, 2022.

The ex-Barcelona star saw his life unravel after he was arrested by Catalan police in January 2023 - and kept behind bars until he appealed his sentence.

In court the victim claimed Alves was aggressive with her, slapping her and insulting her, and then forced her to have sex with him.

In a trial held last month, the footballer denied the allegations and said the encounter had been consensual.

He was found guilty of the sex attack on Feburary 2022, but walked free on Monday March 25 after appealing the conviction.

Despite winning the fight to serve his sentence from the comfort of his own home, Alves will still need to appear at court once a week.

He was also required to hand in his Spanish and Brazilian passports, so he cannot flee Spain.

Rumours are swirling about how the former footballer managed to find the funds necessary to secure his bail.



Attention: Third parties may advertise their products and/or services on our website.7M does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of their contents.
Your dealings with such third parties are solely between you and such third parties and we shall not be liable in any way for any loss or damage of any sort incurred by you.