Jadon Sancho issues blunt response to Manchester United transfer speculation

Jadon Sancho responded to suggestions that his dip in form is related to speculation linking him with Manchester United this summer.


Posted Monday, November 16, 2020 by Express.co.uk

Jadon Sancho was quick to dismiss speculation that his dip in form is a result of his potential move to Manchester United falling through this summer. Sancho scored the second goal as England beat the Republic of Ireland on Thursday night.

Sancho has endured a difficult start to the season for Borussia Dortmund.

The wonderkid has failed to score in the Bundesliga from six games so far, having caught fire last season with 17 goals and 17 assists in 32 league games.

His incredible form in the previous campaign earned him attention from throughout Europe, with United desperate to sign him this summer.

The Red Devils are believed to have made him their top target before the window opened, and made multiple bids to try and sign him.

Jadon Sancho issues blunt response to Manchester United transfer speculation
Jadon Sancho issues blunt response to Manchester United transfer speculation

However, Dortmund were adamant that they wouldn't sell him for anything less than £108million, a price United were unwilling to pay.

Sancho himself was said to be willing to stay at Dortmund and refused to put up a fuss and try to force a move.

He was, however, reportedly unsettled by the fact United's initial contract offer to him was lower than his current Dortmund salary.

After the transfer window closed, with Sancho remaining at the Signal Iduna Park, he was unable to capture the same form he displayed last year.

He's found the net just twice – one goal each in the Champions League and DFB Pokal.

German media has heavily scrutinised the youngster, with some outlets blaming the failure to join United this summer as the reason for his dip in form.

But speaking after he scored in England's 3-0 win over the Republic of Ireland on Thursday night, he dismissed that notion.

He was asked by ITV if he felt his form was suffering because of the collapse of the United deal, his response was blunt.

Sancho said: "No, I don't think so.

"I feel like every player has a little dip in their career, I feel like I'm going through that at the moment.

"It's just how I'm bouncing back, I'm just happy to have managers who have faith in me and keep starting me."

The 20-year-old also conceded he places too much expectation on himself.

Sancho said: "I don't think that [there's been too much expectation].

"I just expect a lot from myself personally.

"When I play I try and assist, score and help the team.

"A few games have gone by and I wasn't scoring or assisting, but today I had the chance to score."

Photos

More»

[PICTURE SPECIAL] Arsenal 6-0 Lens

Thursday November 30 2023

[PICTURE SPECIAL] PSG 1-1 Newcastle

Wednesday November 29 2023


Attention: Third parties may advertise their products and/or services on our website.7M does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of their contents.
Your dealings with such third parties are solely between you and such third parties and we shall not be liable in any way for any loss or damage of any sort incurred by you.