Bayern claim "no contact" with Lewandowski
Posted Saturday, April 27, 2013 by Foxsports.com
Bayern Munich have denied claims they have a deal in place to sign Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski.
Reports in Germany on Friday morning suggested Lewandowski had signed a pre-contract with the Bundesliga champions and would move south either this summer - should Bayern agree a fee with Dortmund - or in 2014 when he becomes a free agent.
But a Bayern statement read: "FC Bayern, contrary to these reports, do not have any contract with Robert Lewandowski."
Dortmund insist they have not received an offer for the Poland international and have put a new deal to the 24-year-old following his virtuoso display on Wednesday, in which he scored four times as Jurgen Klopp's men thrashed Real Madrid 4-1.
"It would be negligent of us not to try to keep probably the best striker in Europe," general manager Hans-Joachim Watzke told the Bild newspaper.
"It's true that we have discussed new conditions once again."
Talk of Lewandowski leaving the Westfalenstadion intensified on Thursday when his agent claimed a deal had been agreed with an unnamed club.
"We have reached an agreement with a club and intend [him] to move this summer," Maik Barthel told Sport Bild, who suggested the club in question was Bayern.
"There is a very interesting offer for Robert which fulfils entirely the demands set by Dortmund and also the demands of Robert.
"Dortmund have assured us that Robert can move at the end of the season under these conditions.
"We stick to agreements and now it's up to the clubs to sort things out."
Earlier this week Bayern agreed to activate the 37 million euros release clause of Dortmund playmaker Mario Gotze.
Losing two of their best players to their closest domestic rivals would be a major setback for Dortmund, who are also likely to meet Bayern in the Champions League final after the Bavarians' 4-0 hammering of Barcelona on Tuesday night.
"We are getting 37 million for Gotze which we don't even want," said coach Jurgen Klopp, echoing the words of Watzke, who said he could "do without" a transfer fee for Lewandowski, as long as he stays for another year.
Watzke added on Sky television: "Our wish is explicit that he stays here."
Lewandowski has scored 34 goals in 42 games and has netted in each of his last 12 Bundesliga appearances.
Photos
More»Mexico's sexiest fan girl poses in bra
Thursday April 03 2025Glamorous Real Madrid TV presenter wears see-through top
Thursday April 03 2025[PICTURE SPECIAL] Manchester City 2 - 0 Leicester City
Thursday April 03 2025
Your Say