Lazio striker Immobile confirms Newcastle offer: They also wanted Allegri or Spalletti



Posted Wednesday, August 12, 2020 by Tribalfootball.com

Lazio striker Immobile confirms Newcastle offer: They also wanted Allegri or Spalletti

Lazio striker Ciro Immobile has confirmed that Newcastle approached his agent over a possible transfer earlier this summer.

The deal was offered when Toon were in the process of being sold to a Saudi-backed consortium, whose offer has since been withdrawn.

However, owner Mike Ashley remains committed to completing the takeover, which could reward Newcastle with new owners who would be willing to spend heavily in the transfer window.

"During the period in which there was talk of the possible purchase of Newcastle by the Sheikh's fund they called my agent, Alessandro Moggi," Immobile told Corriere Dello Sport.

"Then the Premier League did not approve that proposal, or the fund withdrew, I don't remember well. I know they were also looking for an Italian coach, [Massimiliano] Allegri or [Luciano] Spalletti."

Despite the interest, the Serie A's top goal-scorer has pledged his future to Lazio.

"I intend to tie myself to Lazio forever. The renewal will be for three years, so the contract will expire in 2025 when I turn 35," said Immobile.

"Before I arrived at Lazio, contacts with Napoli were frequent, but for one reason or another, we never went any further.

"Naples is the city where I was born, I always follow Napoli with affection, but what Lazio has given me and is giving me is priceless."



Attention: Third parties may advertise their products and/or services on our website.7M does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of their contents.
Your dealings with such third parties are solely between you and such third parties and we shall not be liable in any way for any loss or damage of any sort incurred by you.