Moise Kean Everton transfer was a mistake, says ex-Juventus striker’s father



Posted Monday, November 18, 2019 by squawka.com

Moise Kean Everton transfer was a mistake, says ex-Juventus striker’s father

Moise Kean’s father hopes the forward will return to Italy as soon as possible, dubbing his Everton transfer a mistake.

The 19-year-old left Juventus for Everton in the summer transfer window, joining the Premier League side for a fee of £27m.

Despite his young age, there had been high hopes of Kean making a big impact at Goodison Park, having enjoyed a good spell with Juventus towards the end of last season which included him scoring six goals in six games during March and April.

Was Kean’s Everton transfer a mistake? Five things to know…

· Moise Kean joined Everton from Juventus for £27m in the summer.

· He has played 11 games across all competitions, but just four of those have been starts.

· The 19-year-old striker is yet to score for the Toffees.

· Kean has been linked with a loan move away from Everton in the January transfer window.

· And Kean’s father believes his transfer was a mistake, imploring him to return to Italy..

But Kean is yet to make the same impact at Everton this season, mustering just 288 minutes of Premier League action across nine appearances, two of which have been starts. He is also yet to open his account for the Toffees, hitting the target with just one of his six attempts.

And Kean’s father Jean believes the forward is unhappy at Everton, calling for a return to Serie A as soon as possible.

“Sending my son to England was a mistake, because he’s still too young, he’s not feeling good at Everton, I didn’t like this transfer,” he told Centro Suono Sport, via Sky Sports.

“I hope he can come back to Italy as soon as possible, I hope he goes to Rome, but the important thing is that he comes back here.”

Kean was recently disciplined by Everton for turning up late to a team meeting, being left out of the Toffees’ squad which faced Southampton before the international break.

Adding to his underwhelming start, Kean has been linked with a loan move away from Everton in the January transfer window, with Roma and AC Milan among those being credited as interested.

And his father, whom Kean reported wants nothing to do with, believes a return to Italy would prevent the 19-year-old from ruining himself.

“I don’t have a relationship with [Kean’s agent Mino] Raiola, I have never met him, I don’t think he even wants to see me,” he added.

“He demanded my son’s power of attorney when he was 14 and together with my ex-wife he wanted to take him to England.

“At Everton, where he is playing now, he is not settling in well. I think he was supposed to wait a few more years before he had an experience abroad.

“If there is a possibility for him to come back to Italy, I hope he can do that, so as not to ruin him.”

Photos

More»

PICTURE SPECIAL: Dortmund 5-1 Koln

Saturday January 25 2020

PICTURE SPECIAL: Wolves 1-2 Liverpool

Friday January 24 2020


Attention: Third parties may advertise their products and/or services on our website.7M does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of their contents.
Your dealings with such third parties are solely between you and such third parties and we shall not be liable in any way for any loss or damage of any sort incurred by you.