David Beckham gets 6-month driving ban after using phone behind wheel



Posted Friday, May 10, 2019 by Dailystar.co.uk

DAVID Beckham has been slapped with a six-month driving ban after getting caught using his phone behind the wheel.

The ex-England captain was spotted on the phone in his Bentley in central London last November, and given six points at a London court today.

Beckham, 43, pled guilty to the charge by post last month and was due to be sentenced at Lavender Hill Magistrates' Court.

The hearing was moved so the football legend – then in the US – could attend.

A suited and booted Beckham was today pictured arriving at Bromley Magistrates’ Court for his sentencing.

He showed no reaction as the sentence was passed down by District Judge Catherine Moore.

David Beckham gets 6-month driving ban after using phone behind wheel
Becks pictured arriving at Bromley Magistrates’ Court (Pic: PA)

She ordered Becks to stand and told him: “I take into account it was slow moving traffic but that's no excuse.

"It still creates a risk to others. I disqualify you for six months and that starts immediately.

"That's no driving a car or a motorcycle for a period of six months.”

Along with the ban and points, he also received a £750 fine.

Becks already had six points on his licence when he was caught – with today’s taking him over the threshold that results in instant qualification.

David Beckham gets 6-month driving ban after using phone behind wheel
RECORD: He already had six points on his licence when the incident took place (Pic: PA)

The Met Police said in an earlier statement: "An allegation was made by a member of the public to the Met that on November 21, 2018, they saw a 43-year-old man on his mobile phone while driving his car in the area of Great Portland Street, W1.

"The 43-year-old man has been sent a notice of intended prosecution."

The incident took place less than eight weeks after Beckham had a speeding case dismissed.

He was accused of driving at 59mph in a 40mph zone in January last year.

But the ex-Manchester United midfielder – represented by lawyer Nick Freeman, who is nicknamed “Mr Loophole” – escaped after a technicality.



Attention: Third parties may advertise their products and/or services on our website.7M does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of their contents.
Your dealings with such third parties are solely between you and such third parties and we shall not be liable in any way for any loss or damage of any sort incurred by you.